iEXCEL supports and enhances collaborative research activities in many arenas, limited only by the imagination of the investigators. The Davis Global Center will be an ideal research venue in which partnerships will be created for training, and for the development and testing of new processes, products, educational content and/or devices.
Exciting and significant educational research opportunities exist:
- Exploring the unprecedented array of 3D, augmented reality/virtual reality (3D/AR/VR), simulation environments for training, product design, content development, testing and imaging.
- Improving human performance and effectiveness in relation to patient safety, clinical quality and educational outcomes including team functioning, transfer of care and leadership.
- Evaluating performance in simulation activities, including assessment and metrics for casualty care competencies in Live Virtual Constructive Exercises (LVCEs) for the United States military.
- Developing 3D/AR/VR and holographic teaching modules and environments that advance learning, teaching, and skill development as well as clinical practice.
- Studying the processes and procedures related to infectious disease preparedness, including the donning and doffing of personal protective equipment (PPE) along with standardized procedures for patient care.