College of Allied Health
The College of Allied Health at the University of Nebraska offers 11 outstanding programs in the School of Allied Health Professions (SAHP) that provide excellent preparation to meet the changing face of healthcare. Highlights in 2010:
- 3.6 = the mean GPA for our eleven programs in SAHP
- 14.4% = the increase in the number of applicants to the SAHP
- 377 = the number of students in SAHP
- 183 = number of students accepted to the SAHP incoming Class of 2009
- Top 15% = national ranking of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs by US News & World Report
- 100% first-time pass rate on licensure or certification exams in all eleven programs
How we process international students would depend on the program of study you are interested in. However, most programs require a few similar components.
A foreign transcript evaluation would be required for any education completed at a university or college outside the US. ECE (www.ece.org) and World Education Services (www.wes.org) are approved companies for transcript evaluation.
Most programs also have a TOEFL requirement (see SAHP’s TOEFL policy below)
All applicants seeking admission to the School of Allied Health Professions at UNMC must demonstrate the ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language. Applicants for whom English is not their native language may demonstrate proficiency by: 1) providing evidence of a bachelor’s or advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or from a university where English is the primary language of instruction**, or 2) providing a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 600 (paper-based test), 250 (computer-based test), or 100 (internet-based test).
- Programs:Clinical laboratory Science
- Clinical perfusion education
- Cyto technology
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Medical; Nutrition education
- Nuclear medicine technology
- Physical Therapy
- Physician assistant
- Radiation therapy
- Computed Tomography/Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Vascular Intervention technology.
For more information, please contact the International department at email@example.com