Benjamin A. Teply, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine
Division of Oncology & Hematology
Academic office mailing address:
UNMC Oncology/Hematology Division
986840 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 681980-6840
Main Academic Ph. 402-559-8500
New Patient Referral Ph. 402-559-5600
Johns Hopkins University, Medical Oncology Fellowship (2017)
University of Michigan, Internship and Residency (2013)
University of Nebraska Medical Center, M.D. (2010)
University of Michigan, M.S. (2003)
Harvard University, A.B. (2002)
Clinical care of patients with genitourinary cancers. Research focuses on novel hormonal and non-hormonal approaches in prostate cancer, optimal use of approved therapies, and clinical trials.
Dr. Teply is an assistant professor in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. He received his medical degree from UNMC in 2010 and trained in internal medicine at the University of Michigan. He completed fellowship in medical oncology at Johns Hopkins University, having served as Chief Fellow in 2015-2016. His research focus is clinical and translation research in genitourinary malignancies.
- Teply BA, Wang H, Luber B, Sullivan R, Rifkind I, Bruns A, Spitz A, DeCarli M, Sinibaldi V, Pratz CF, Changxue L, Silberstein JL, Luo J, Schweizer MT, Drake CG, Carducci MA, Paller CJ, Antonarakis ES, Eisenberger MA, Denmeade SR. “Bipolar androgen therapy (BAT) in men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer and progression on androgen receptor-directed therapy: results from the post-enzalutamide cohort of a multi-cohort, open-label, phase 2 trial.” Lancet Oncology. In Press
- Teply BA, Kachhap S, Eisenberger MA, Denmeade SR. “Extreme response to high dose testosterone in BRCA2- and ATM-mutated prostate cancer.” European Urology. 2017 Mar; 71(3):499.
- Teply BA, Antonarakis ES. “Treatment strategies for DNA repair-deficient prostate cancer.” Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol. 2017 Jun 12:1-10.
- Teply BA, Luber B, Denmeade SR, Antonarakis ES. “The Influence of Prednisone on the Efficacy of Docetaxel in Men with Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer.” Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2016 Mar; 19(1):72-8.
- Teply BA, Hauke RJ. “'Chemotherapy options in castration-resistant prostate cancer.” Indian J Urol. 2016 Oct-Dec; 32(4):262-270.
- Teply BA, Antonarakis ES. “Novel mechanism-based therapeutics for androgen axis blockade in castration-resistant prostate cancer.” Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes. 2016 Jun; 23(3):279-90.
- Christenson ES, Teply B, Agrawal V, Illei P, Gurakar A, Kanakry J. “Human herpes virus 8 related primary effusion lymphoma after liver transplantation.” American Journal of Transplantation. 2015 Oct; 15(10):2762-6.
- Teply BA, Lipson EJ. “Identification and Management of Toxicities From Immune Checkpoint-Blocking Drugs.” Oncology (Williston Park). 2014 Nov 6; 28(11 Suppl 3).
- Teply BA, Kim JJ. “Systemic therapy for bladder cancer – a medical oncologist’s perspective.” Journal of Solid Tumors. 2014; 4(2):25-35.
Additional Publications at PubMed.Gov: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed