We have been transitioning patients since August of 2000 to the Nebraska Regional Cystic Fibrosis Center Adult Care Program with the goal of providing the best possible care for adults with Cystic Fibrosis. We follow approximately 155 patients.
ADULT CYSTIC FIBROSIS TEAM
The Adult Cystic Fibrosis Team includes specialists from the Adult and Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis Programs.
- Peter J. Murphy, MD, Program Director
- John Dickinson, MD, PhD, Associate Program Director
- Jill Fliege, MS, APRN, Coordinator/Nurse Practitioner
- Janelle Sorensen, RN, BSN, Center Nurse
- Jill Rollins, BS, RRT, Respiratory Therapist
- Sandy Wahl, BS, RRT, Respiratory Therapist
- Laura Romero, MSW, CSW, Center Social Worker
- Cristine Batten, LCSW, Center Social Worker
- Heidi Klasna, RD, LMNT, Center Dietitian
- Dee Acquazzino, BS, Research Coordinator
- Jill Fahner, BS, Research Coordinator
- James Melson, RN, BSN, Research Coordinator
- Whitney Dailey, Administrative Assistant
The Adult Cystic Fibrosis Clinic is located in the Internal Medicine Clinic on the fifth floor of the Durham Outpatient Center. To schedule an appointment please call our office at (402) 559.9101 and one of the adult cystic fibrosis staff will assist you. Clinic appointments are held on Mondays and Wednesday afternoons and twice a month on Friday mornings.
SICK CALLS/NURSING CALLS/MEDICATION REFILLS - MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 8:00 AM TO 4:00 PM
For new illnesses, worsening of symptoms, medication questions, refills and general nursing questions, please call (402) 559.9101.
URGENT CALLS AFTER BUSINESS HOURS, ON WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
For urgent calls during non-business hours, please call the hospital operator at (402) 559.4000 and ask to speak to the Adult Pulmonary Fellow on call. If you have an emergency then proceed to an emergency room.
More Information on the Adult CF Program Staff
Peter J. Murphy, MD has been the adult program director since the inception of the Adult Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Program in August of 2000. John Dickinson, MD, PhD, joined the team in January of 2014. Jill Fliege became the first and only nurse practitioner/coordinator of the program when she started in April 2001. Janelle Sorenson, nurse specialist, have been with the team since July, 2013, respectively. Heidi Klasna, has been the dietitian since August, 2012. Our social worker, Laura Romero has been affiliated with the program since 2000. Dee Acquazzino, who has been the coordinator of the pediatric program since 1978, is also very active in clinical research within the adult program.