Thank you for your interest in the Internal Medicine - Pediatric Residency Program at the University of Nebraska Medical Center! We accept applications only through ERAS®—The Electronic Residency Application Service. We look for candidates with excellent academic performance and a strong interest in general internal medicine and pediatrics as a stepping stone to an academic position, further subspecialty training, a hospitalist position, or private practice.
The Internal Medicine - Pediatric Program offers 4 positions each year. Interviews are by invitation only and are based on the applicant's academic performance, USMLE scores, letters of recommendation, and other accomplishments as detailed in the ERAS application. Interviews are conducted between October and January.
Before an invitation can be extended, we must have the following materials on file from ERAS:
- ERAS Common Application Form (CAF)
- Personal statement
- Official medical school transcripts
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean's Letter)
- Three letters of recommendation (Typically applicants submit one from Medicine, one from Pediatrics and if possible one from Med-Peds faculty members. We do not require a Chairman's letter but we do welcome them if applicable.)
- USMLE Scores (or equivalent)
International Medical Graduates (in addition):
- ECFMG Status Report
- Visa Status
- Documentation of additional continuing medical education in clinical medicine in the United States
- NOTE: While research abilities/experience is valuable, a strong emphasis is placed on recent clinical experience.
We are required by the Match Agreement to provide a sample contract you would be expected to sign if you match to our program. Please click HERE to view a sample.
Click here to apply: ERAS®—The Electronic Residency Application Service