Currently, the library is only accessible to UNMC students, faculty, and staff and Nebraska Medicine staff. The library is open 24/7 and is staffed Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Students can use the library when they have a break between classes and need a place for studying or if their home environment is not conducive to studying. In accordance with campus expectations, students should not come to campus solely for studying unless it falls within these areas.
Building Access and Safety
A UNMC or Nebraska Medicine ID badge is required for building and library access.
- If an ID badge does not work, contact the UNMC Photo ID office at 402-559-8414, email@example.com, or visit the Student Life Center, Room 1048 during regular business hours.
- Library users should make their ID visible.
- To maintain a safe environment, do not let anyone tailgate into an elevator or badge access area.
- Follow any evacuation procedures during a weather, fire, or other emergency.
- Contact Public Safety with any concerns at 402-559-5111.
All library users and staff will follow campus guidelines on masking, social distancing, and cleaning.
- Masks will be required for entering the library. Non-compliance will result in non-entrance to the library.
- Masks must be worn in all open areas. No food or drink is allowed in open areas.
- Masks may be removed in individual study rooms and faculty hoteling offices; doors must remain closed. Food and drink are allowed in study rooms and faculty hoteling offices.
- Social distancing is expected throughout the library. Floor markings will indicate social distancing at the library’s AskUs desk. Floor markings will also provide suggested paths through the library’s spaces, entrances, and exits. To promote social distancing practices, some furniture has been removed from some areas.
- Sanitation and cleaning stations and disinfectant will be placed throughout the library. Clean individual and group spaces, including keyboards, before and after use. Proper hygiene, including frequent handwashing, is expected.
Books and anatomical models may be requested for checkout via the library catalog or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Library staff will follow procedures to reduce the number of touchpoints for all materials that are based on industry guidelines for isolation of library materials between use. Users may find a short delay in availability of items.
- Appointments are required for anatomical model circulation.
- Books should be returned to the book drops located at the Wittson Hall Level 3 elevators or inside of the library on Level 6 of the library.
- A guide has been created with the instructions for requesting materials (PDF).
Rooms and Spaces
Occupancy in all library spaces is currently reduced. Study rooms and conference rooms may be reserved via EMS, the centralized campus reservation system. The library spaces policy includes more information about these spaces. Learn how to reserve a room.