Currently, the library is only accessible to UNMC students, faculty, and staff and Nebraska Medicine staff. The library is open 24/7 and is staffed Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Building Access and Safety
A UNMC or Nebraska Medicine ID badge is required for building and library access.
- If an ID badge does not work, contact the UNMC Photo ID office at 402-559-8414, email@example.com, or visit the Student Life Center, Room 1048 during regular business hours.
- Library users should make their ID visible.
- To maintain a safe environment, do not let anyone tailgate into an elevator or badge access area.
- Follow any evacuation procedures during a weather, fire, or other emergency.
- Contact Public Safety with any concerns at 402-559-5111.
All library users and staff will follow UNMC campus guidance and updates regarding COVID-19 campus safety protocols. UNMC mask mandates remain in effect for all individuals who are not fully vaccinated.
Books and anatomical models may be requested for checkout via the library catalog or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Appointments are required for anatomical model circulation.
- Books should be returned to the book drops located at the Wittson Hall Level 3 elevators or inside of the library on Level 6 of the library.
- A guide has been created with the instructions for requesting materials (PDF).
Rooms and Spaces
Study rooms and conference rooms may be reserved via EMS, the centralized campus reservation system. The library spaces policy includes more information about these spaces. Learn how to reserve a room.