The Consumer Health Information Resource Service assists Nebraska residents and Nebraska Medicine patients and families in finding information on health and wellness topics.
ServicesHealth Information Requests
- A medical librarian will research your health question and put together a packet of information specific to your needs.
- The information will be sent to you for free by mail or email.
- To submit your question online, fill out the CHIRS Request Form.
- You can also reach us by email at email@example.com, or by phone at 402-559-6221 and toll free 1-866-800-5209.
Consumer Health Books
- A print collection of consumer health books is available to check out with a valid Nebraska driver's license. The books are written at a level that is easy for patients to read and understand.
- You can view a list of the consumer health books in the library catalog.
- Two public access computers are available for use in the library. Each computer has a limit of 90 minutes per 24 hours and require some form of ID (drivers license, school id, etc.) for use.
The library is open to the public Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 5:00 pm. For directions, visit the Maps, Location, and Hours page.
Consumer Health Disclaimer:
This service is intended to provide general information for you. Only a health professional (doctor, nurse, etc.) can interpret the information for your condition and situation. Please consult your health professional on specific medical questions.