The library provides spaces for reflection, relaxation, and rest for students, faculty, staff, patients, and visitors.
Three Reflection Rooms are located on the 7th floor of the library. In the rooms are a rotating display of art, soft lighting, and comfortable cushions and mats for relaxation or meditation. Two massage chairs are also available.
Students may reserve the rooms through the University of Nebraska Space Reservations and Events system, using the "UNMC Reserve Library Student Study Space (Omaha)" template.
Faculty and staff may reserve rooms through the University of Nebraska Space Reservations and Events system, using the "UNMC Request ALL Rooms (Meetings & Ad-Hoc)" template.
Reflection Room Use Policy
- The library’s Reflection Rooms are provided for quiet reflection and wellness.
- Please respect the rights of others in a room when occupied by more than one person.
- Room furnishings supplied by the library must remain in the rooms. Do not move furniture or whiteboards into the room.
- The rooms are not intended for studying, sleeping, or activities that do not honor the intent of the rooms.
- Rooms are not intended for group activities.
- Please silence electronic devices.
- Food and beverages are prohibited.
- Burning of any material or candles is prohibited. Flameless candles are available in some rooms.
Discover other resources available on the UNMC and Nebraska Medicine campus to support wellness.
If you have suggestions for wellness at the library, please let us know.