The Munroe-Meyer Institute’s mission is to be world leaders in transforming the lives of all individuals with disabilities and complex health care needs, their families and the community through outreach, engagement, premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care.
What we do:
- MMI provides extraordinary interdisciplinary, family-centered services for persons with disabilities and complex health care needs across the lifespan.
- MMI trains individuals in the medical and therapeutic management of individuals with disabilities and complex health care needs through interprofessional educational experiences, outreach training and onsite technical assistance.
- MMI conducts basic, translational and clinical research with the goal to transform the diagnosis, care and treatment of individuals with all types of disabilities and complex health care needs.
- MMI works within the community to promote inclusion and to enable individuals with disabilities and complex health care needs to live happy and productive lives.
- MMI serves as the premier source of disability-related information to scientists, care providers, clinicians, families and community leaders across the region, the nation and the world.
- MMI improves the educational, health and community practices that impact children and families who are at risk for adverse developmental outcomes through program evaluation, training and community outreach.
- MMI advocates at the local, state, federal and international level to promote best practices, policies and/or laws on behalf of individuals with disabilities and complex health care needs and their families.