Nebraska has several different Medicaid waivers that supports individuals who meet a "nursing home level of care." The waivers allow the state to waive traditional Medicaid services to provide services and supports in community settings (as opposed to nursing homes or institutional settings). Waivers can pay for nursing services, Personal Assistance Service (PAS), home and vehicle modifications, employment supports and habilitation, as examples.
Book provides a general overview of Nebraska’s Medicaid waivers and compares the services offered under each.
If an individual has “nursing facility level of care” needs and wants to live at home rather than a nursing facility, this waiver will provide Medicaid funding for an array of services. For example, this waiver allows for a family to obtain nursing services, child care and respite services, and it provides funds for specialized formulas. It also can help cover the cost of home/vehicle modifications. This program also provides service coordination.
Program funds specialized assisted living services for persons with traumatic brain injury.
Developmental Disability Services
Nebraska’s Division of Developmental Disabilities offers two Medicaid waivers. These include the Adult Day Medicaid Waiver and the Comprehensive Medicaid Waiver. More specific information is below.
- Nebraska Developmental Disabilities Medicaid Waivers Quick Services Guide A general guide of the services that are available under the Developmental Disabilities (DD) Medicaid waivers which includes Adult Day Services and the Comprehensive DD Waiver.
- Guide to Developmental Disability Services An in-depth guide that provides information about all services available in both the Developmental Disabilities Comprehensive and Day Services Medicaid Waivers.
- Participant Guide for Self-Direction Waivers allow an individual or guardian to direct their services to maximize independence and control. Self-directed services can be provided by an agency or an individual provider.
- Residential Services Provides a list of developmental disability providers across the state.
- Nebraska Developmental Disabilities Training Training occurs on an ongoing basis.