985450 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5440
Alexandra Wallgren, MS, CGC, is a licensed and certified genetic counselor at the Munroe-Meyer Institute's Department of Genetic Medicine at UNMC. She provides individualized genetic counseling for prenatal and general genetics outpatients. Alexandra completed her post-graduate training at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 2019. During her training, Alexandra completed her prenatal, cancer, general, and specialty clinical rotations through the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences.
Alexandra Wallgren has been involved in research projects including the determination of haploinsufficiency and triplosensitivity scores of genes associated with epilepsy for clinical genome resources, a systematic content analysis of research articles published in the Journal of Genetic Counseling, and the analysis of the impact of human activity on the quality of running water systems in the Galapagos Islands using biologically collected DNA and a real-time next generation sequence platform.
- American Board of Genetic Counseling - Certified Genetic Counselor
- State of Nebraska - Licensed Genetic Counselor
- MS in Genetic Counseling, University of Minnesota – Minneapolis, MN, 2019
- BS in Biology with a minor in Spanish and Hispanic Studies, Creighton University – Omaha, NE, 2017
- BIOL 1001 Laboratory, University of Minnesota – Minneapolis, MN, 2017-2018
- National Society of Genetic Counseling
- Prenatal Special Interest Group (NSGC)
- American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics
- Clare Booth Luce Scholar (2017)