985440 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5440
Alyssa joined MMI’s department of Genetic Medicine in 2018 after graduating from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She works in prenatal clinics and pediatric settings, seeing patients and their families as a part of Children’s Metabolic Clinic and in-patient genetics consults. She also assists with research. Alyssa is a part of the Advocate Work Group for Heartland Genetics Services Collaborative since 2014.
- American Board of Genetic Counseling - Certified Genetic Counselor
- State of Nebraska - Licensed Genetic Counselor
- MS, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, 2018
- BS, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, 2016
- “Mental Models of Cause and Inheritance for Type 2 Diabetes Among Unaffected Individuals Who Have a Positive Family History” Sandra Daack-Hirsch, Lisa L. Shah, Alyssa D. Cady.
- National Society of Genetic Counseling