985430 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5430
Dr. Crawford is an Associate Professor, Munroe-Meyer Institute and Pediatrics, UNMC. He has been a national leader in the field of recreational therapy for over 30 years. He has authored two textbooks and over 50 professional publications. He has presented over 65 papers at state, regional, national and international conferences. He has won numerous campus research and teaching awards at his previous campus appointments at the University of Missouri-Columbia and the University of Nebraska. He holds certifications in therapeutic recreation, adapted physical education, adapted aquatics, special education and rehabilitation counseling.
Re.D., Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 1983
M.S., University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE, 1977
B.A., University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE, 1975
Research Interests and Projects
- Curriculum design for participants with severe and multiple disabilities
- Social skills interventions for persons with autism.
Selected Publications (within the last 5 years)
- Crawford, M. (in press) Therapeutic Recreation: An Introduction, 4th Edition. Boston, MA :Allyn and Bacon
- American Therapeutic Recreation Association
- National Association for Recreational Therapists
- National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification
- Mable Lee Award as Outstanding Researcher-American Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Tommy Wilson Outstanding National Service Award-American Association for Leisure and Recreation