985450 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5450
Mindy Chadwell, Ph.D., BCBA is a licensed psychologist and an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology at the Munroe-Meyer Institute (MMI) for Genetics and Rehabilitation at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. She received her doctorate in school psychology from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and completed her internship and post-doctoral training at the Munroe-Meyer Institute. Dr. Chadwell conducts her clinic at the Nebraska Medicine Bellevue family medicine practice; as well as school-based mental health at a local middle school. Dr. Chadwell’s research interests include school-based mental health, the impact of interactive technology on treatment integrity, factors related to improving the integration of behavioral health in primary care, and factors related to the therapeutic relationship and treatment integrity. Dr. Chadwell also supervises post-doctoral fellows, pre-doctoral psychology interns, Ph.D. students, and Masters level students in both clinical and research settings.
Ph.D., University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE, 2015
M.A., University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE, 2010
B.S., Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, 2007
Research Interests and Projects
- School-Based Mental Health
- Impact of interactive technology on treatment integrity
- Integrating pediatric behavioral health into primary care
- Factors related to the therapeutic relationship and the impact on treatment integrity
Selected Publications (within the last 5 years)
- Valleley, R. J., Leja, A., Clarke, B., Grennan, A., Burt, J., Menousek, K., Chadwell, M., Sjuts,T., Gathje, R., Kupzyk, K., & Hembree, K. (2019). Promoting earlier access to pediatric behavioral health services with collocated care. Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics.
- Chadwell, M.R., Sikorski, J., Roberts, H., & Allen, K.D. (2018). Process versus content in delivering ABA services: Does process matter when you have content that works?” Behavior Analysis: Research and Practice.http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/bar0000143.
- Banks, B.M., Shriver, M.D., Chadwell, M.R., & Allen, K.D. (2018). An examination of behavioral treatment wording on acceptability and understanding. Behavioral Interventions, 1-11. doi: 10.1002/bin.1521.
- Kupzyk, S., Banks, B., & Chadwell, M.(2016). Collaborating with Refugee Families to Increase Early Literacy Opportunities: A Pilot Investigation. Contemporary School Psychology.
- American Psychological Association
- Association for Behavior Analysts International
- National Association of School Psychologists
- Society for Pediatric Psychology (APA Division 54)
- Nebraska Association for Behavior Analysis