What Is the Outpatient Program?
- provides follow-up for the day treatment program
- or for children with milder feeding problems
- caregiver training and involvement are critical components
Our admission specialist will help you figure out your benefits and whether your insurance will pay for the service.
Your child’s team will include a licensed psychologist or board certified behavior analyst and a trained feeding therapist.
We will review the records we ask you to keep and the homework we assign to you. You will practice your child’s feeding protocol. We will make changes to the protocol to progress your child’s feeding behavior when appropriate and assign homework for the next week.
We individualize treatment, but generally:
- encourage appropriate eating and drinking behavior;
- discourage refusal behavior; and
- make eating easy and fun.