985450 Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, NE 68198-5450
Brittany Liebsack, PhD is a licensed psychologist and an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology at the Munroe-Meyer Institute for Genetics and Rehabilitation. She received her PhD in Psychology, with an emphasis in Clinical Child Psychology, from West Virginia University and completed her internship and post-doctoral training at the Munroe-Meyer Institute. Dr. Liebsack is a faculty trainer for the Mid-America Mental Health Technology Transfer Center (MHTTC) which serves Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri and assists mental health programs and providers to establish evidence-based programs that are locally supported and sustainable over time. She conducts her clinic in an integrated behavioral health clinic at Bellevue Medical Center.
Dr. Liebsack’s clinical activities include the treatment of externalizing behavior concerns (e.g., noncompliance, aggression, tantrums); internalizing disorders (e.g., anxiety, depression); habit/tic/obsessive-compulsive disorders; sleep concerns; toilet training and elimination disorders; trauma- and stressor-related concerns; and the diagnostic evaluation and treatment of neurodevelopmental disorders (e.g., Autism, ADHD).
Her research program is focused on the implementation of evidence-based treatment in primary care and improving access to care. Dr. Liebsack supervises pre-doctoral interns, postdoctoral fellows, and masters-level students in school psychology and ABA.
PhD, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, 2019
MS, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, 2016
B.A., University of Nebraska – Lincoln, Lincoln, NE, 2010
Research Interests and Projects
- Acceptability and effectiveness of shorter behavioral health appointments in primary care
- Feasibility and effectiveness of a triaging process in integrated behavioral health
- Treatment attrition
Selected Publications (within the last 5 years)
- Brabson, L. A., Jackson, C. B., Liebsack, B. K., Herschell, A. D. (2018). PCIT: Summary of 40 years of research. In: C. McNeil, L. Quetsch L., & C. Anderson (Eds.), Handbook of Parent-Child Interaction Therapy for Children on the Autism Spectrum. (pp. 251-275). Springer.
- Brabson, L. A., Jackson, C., Liebsack, B. K., Herschell, A. D. (2017). Managed Care. The SAGE Encyclopedia of Abnormal and Clinical Psychology.
- Jackson, C., Brabson, L. A., Liebsack, B. K., Herschell, A. D. (2017). Reporting Obligations for Suspected Abuse. The SAGE Encyclopedia of Abnormal and Clinical Psychology.
- Liebsack, B. K., Quetsch, L. B., Herschell, A. D., & McNeil, C. B. (2017). Childhood Maltreatment. The SAGE Encyclopedia of Abnormal and Clinical Psychology.
- Creech, S. K., Benzer, J. K., Liebsack, B. K., Proctor, S., Taft, C. T. (2013). Impact of coping style and PTSD on family functioning after deployment in Operation Desert Shield/Storm returnees. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 26, 1-5.
- Campbell, C., Martin, E. K., Liebsack, B., Lundhal, A., West, T., Flood, M. F., & Hansen, D. J. (2011). Behavioral Observation of Preschoolers System (BOPS) Professional Manual. Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska-Lincoln Department of Psychology.
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies (ABCT)
- Nebraska Psychological Association (NPA)
- Society for Implementation Research Collaboration (SIRC)