Here is a listing of events in the community that may be of interest to Munroe-Meyer Institute’s clients, families, faculty and staff. The Munroe-Meyer Institute may not be directly involved with these events, but we offer this list as a courtesy to our MMI family.
- Help MMI win the Spare Change War. For the month of December UNMC Student Senate will be collecting spare change from the different colleges at UNMC. The college that collects the most, gets to donate it to a charity of their choice. Spare change will be collected in the Community Engagement office 2013.
- Celebration of Excellence nomination process is open through January 2, 5:00 p.m..
- December 18: 3 – 4 p.m. The Munroe-Meyer Institute Grands Rounds, ECHO Autism STAT: A Novel Approach for Building Clinical Capacity of Pediatric Providers in Rural and Underserved Communities presented by Courtney Burnette, Ph.D. Fred and Pamela Buffett Cancer Center LVL Conference Room 0.12101.
- December 19: 5 – 8:30 p.m. The family support group, ‘Our Hispanic Little Angels’, Munroe-Meyer Institute, PTI-NE, One World Community Health Center, the Family Care Enhancement Project and NRG media are collaborating to host a holiday event for children with disabilities and their families. If you are interested in donating a gift to a child who will attend the event please bring it to room 2073 or 2074. If you would like to volunteer please contact Rhonda Haitz. For questions please contact Sarah Swanson or Rhonda Haitz.
- December 21: 4:30 p.m. MMI Guild Seed Grant Applications due.
- December 21: Ugly Sweater Day at MMI. The Community Engagement office is collected non-perishable items for the Food Bank.
- January 2: 5:00 p.m. Celebration of Excellence nomination deadline
- January 5: 6:30 p.m. Winter Theater Camp. Scottish Rite Masonic Center 202 S 20th Street, Omaha.
- January 21: 12 – 1 p.m. Martin Luther King Luncheon. The MLK Planning committee is looking for volunteers to help with serving food. Volunteers will need to arrive by 11:15 a.m. If you are interested in please contact Graciela Sharif. The luncheon will be at the Lower Storz, Clarkson Tower, and Nebraska Medicine.
- January 21 - February 15: Meyer Foundation for Disabilities (MFD) fundraiser, Denim for Disabilities kicks off! More information to come.
- January 25: MMI Celebration of Excellence. Truhlsen Events Center in Michael F. Sorrell, UNMC.
- February 21: 1:30 p.m. People First of Nebraska Advocacy Day. Disability Advocates will visit our state senators to discuss issues important to people with disabilities. Everyone is welcome to attend. State Capitol, North Entrance (inside).
- March 3: Meyer Foundation for Disabilities Walk & Roll. Oak View Mall, 3001 S 144th Omaha.
- June 9: Munroe-Meyer Guild 51st Garden Walk, Omaha.
- October 27: 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. MMI Trunk or Treat.