Here is a listing of events in the community that may be of interest to Munroe-Meyer Institute’s clients, families, faculty and staff. The Munroe-Meyer Institute may not be directly involved with these events, but we offer this list as a courtesy to our MMI family.
- February 20: 1:00 p.m. People First of Nebraska Advocacy Day. Disability Advocates will visit our state senators to discuss issues important to people with disabilities. Everyone is welcome to attend. Meet at the Lincoln Community Foundation Building 215 Centennial Mall South, Suite 100, Lincoln 68508
- Disability Awareness Month
- March 3: 10:30 a.m. Meyer Foundation for Disabilities Walk & Roll. Oak View Mall, 3001 S 144th, Omaha. Register online by February 13th to receive a free shirt!
- March 12: Meyer Foundation for Disabilities movie at Film Streams “Intelligent Lives”. Registration will begin February 1st.
- World Autism Awareness Month
- April 2: World Autism Awareness Day. The Munroe-Meyer Institute and Autism Action Partnership invites you take part in a cross-state event to help raise autism awareness - Wear something blue in support of understanding and acceptance for people with autism. Join MMI at the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge at 7:00pm for #Light It Up Blue!
- April 23 – 24: 6:15 p.m. 2019 Wakanyeja: A symposium on American Indian Behavioral Health. For more information or to register click the link https://www.unl.edu/plains/2019-symposium
- May 22: Omaha Gives! Omaha’s 7th Annual 24-hour charitable challenge.
- June 9: Munroe-Meyer Guild 51st Garden Walk, Omaha.
- June 23: 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Walk for RiteCare – Omaha. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. at Lake Zorinsky, Omaha.
- July 13: Meyer Foundation for Disabilities OwL Ride, Omaha.
- October 27: 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. MMI Trunk-or-Treat.