Here is a listing of events in the community that may be of interest to Munroe-Meyer Institute’s clients, families, faculty and staff. The Munroe-Meyer Institute may not be directly involved with these events, but we offer this list as a courtesy to our MMI family.
- August 23: 3:30 p.m. Grand Rounds Seminar, Improving Systems of Care for Individuals with Autism presented by Zachary E. Warren, Ph.D. Durham Research Center, room 1004.
- August 31: Registration closes for the CARE four-week caregiver program that provides a jump-start to accessing support and resources for children with autism and their families.
- September 6, 13, 20, 27: 5:30-7:00 p.m. Community Autism Resource Education Program (CARE) four-week caregiver program that provides a jump-start to accessing support and resources for children with autism and their families. Registration closes August 31.
- September 17: 2:30 p.m. Grand Rounds Seminar, Creating Effective Devices for Users with Disabilities: Design Model, Stories, and Lessons from the Super Suites FUNctional Fashion and Wearable Technology Program presented by Michele A. Lobo, PT, Ph.D., Durham Research Center, room 1004.
- October 6: Autism Action Partnership Presents The 10 Annual Vintage Affaire Gala, Unmasking Autism. Embassy Suites La Vista.
- October 13: 9 – 2 p.m. Down Syndrome Alliance of the Midlands, Omaha Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk & Family Festival. Stinson Park 2285 S 67th, Omaha.
- October 19: Friends of Scottish Rite Dinner and Auction. 5:30 p.m. (Silent Auction) 7:15 Dinner. For details and sponsorship opportunities visit friendsofscottishrite.org
- January 5: 6:30 p.m. Winter Theater Camp. Scottish Rite Masonic Center 202 S 20th Street, Omaha.