Here is a listing of events in the community that may be of interest to Munroe-Meyer Institute’s clients, families, faculty and staff. The Munroe-Meyer Institute is not directly involved with these events, but we offer this list as a courtesy to our MMI family.
- Oppourtunity Brew is open for business Mon- Friday, 8 – 11:30am
- February 22: 5 – 7 p.m. UNMC/NE Medicine Project SEARCH Open House. University Tower, Private Dining Room A & B.
- February 23: 8:30 – 4 p.m. Think College February Event: Increasing College Opportunities in Nebraska for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. This event is for parents, educators, professionals and those interested in inclusive postsecondary education programs for students with intellectual or developmental disabilities. Barbara Weitz Community Engagement Center, UNO Campus. Contact Rachel Ray at 402-559-3673 for more information.
- March 4: 10:30 a.m. The 14th Annual Walk & Roll for Disabilities, presented by Meyer Foundation for Disabilities (MFD). Oak View Mall, 3001 S 144th Street, 2nd floor by the Food Court, Omaha.
- March 8 & 9: Well Being Symposium. 3rd Annual Elevating the Conversation: Practical Tools for Restoring Balance 12:45 – 3pm, CNS Room 3030. Presentation by Dr. Bernadette Melnyk. RSVP by March 1st to Jayme Nekuda.
- March 9: 10 – 1:30 p.m. Event Workshops. Michael F. Sorrell Center, Truhlsen Events Center.