Here is a listing of events in the community that may be of interest to Munroe-Meyer Institute’s clients, families, faculty and staff. The Munroe-Meyer Institute is not directly involved with these events, but we offer this list as a courtesy to our MMI family.
- October 17: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Down Syndrome Education Series – Three Behavioral Health Secrets for Managing Common Behavioral Challenges in Raising Children with Down Syndrome, Presented by Dr. Keith Allen. UNO Barbara Weitz Community Engagement Center, room 231
- October 18: 8 – 10 a.m. MMI’s Community Conversation – Celebrating Successes & Setting Goals: Presented by Karoly Mirnics, M.D., Ph.D., Storz Pavilion Ground Level
- October 25: 1 – 2 p.m. The Munroe-Meyer Institute Grand Rounds: Addressing the Biological Origins of Autism Heterogeneity, Presented by Pat Levitt, Ph.D., Durham Research Center, room 1004
- October 29: 4 – 6 p.m. Munroe-Meyer Institute Halloween Trunk-or-Treat Event for children with disabilities and their families to participate in trick-or-treating fun! For more information or if you would like to volunteer please contact Mandi Reinders or Jennifer Hansen. Munroe-Meyer Institute Parking Lot, 444 S 44th Street, Omaha
- November 8: 3 – 9 p.m. Meyer Foundation for Disabilities (MFD) fundraiser, Don & Millie (Saddle Creek and Farnam locations only), 20% of every dollar spent on food and drinks will go back to MFD
- November 10: 8 – 4:30 p.m. Autism Action Partnership (AAP) Summit: Live Without Boxes: Embracing Autism in our Community, Keynote Speakers: Caren Zuker and John Donvan, Authors of “In a Different Key” and Daniel Openden, CEO, SARRC. Scott Conference Center 6450 Pine Street, Omaha