Other events and activities
Here is a listing of events in the community that may be of interest to Munroe-Meyer Institute’s clients, families, faculty and staff. The Munroe-Meyer Institute may not be directly involved with these events, but we offer this list as a courtesy to our MMI family.
Share your MMI stories
The Munroe-Meyer Institute celebrates its 100th anniversary this year. In celebration we are compiling a book, "The Munroe-Meyer Institute: A Century of Caring," and we'd like to share your MMI story. We're looking for 100 stories about how MMI has impacted lives. Stories should be typed on a computer or handwritten, no longer than one page in length and should discuss your own experiences or the experience of your child or family member. (Those sharing stories about a family member must be that person's parent, if a minor, or legal guardian.) Those sharing stories are asked to print out, fill out and sign this release and send the story to Melonie Welsh, via email or postal mail: MMI, Room 2013C, 985450 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198-5450 by July 31, 2019. Photos may be included, but please check both the interview and photo boxes on the release form. (A release is needed for each person in the photo.) Thank you for being part of this exciting project that tells the story of MMI.
- July 31: Share your MMI stories are due.
- August 7: Recreational Therapy Summer Theater Camp performance. Scottish Rite Masonic Center, 202 S 20th St., Omaha. More information to come.
- August 26: 10:30 a.m. Join UNMC Chancellor Jeffrey P. Gold, M.D., and Munroe-Meyer Institute Director Karoly Mirnics, M.D., Ph.D., for a ceremonial groundbreaking on the site of the new home of the Munroe-Meyer Institute for Genetic and Rehabilitation. 6902 Pine Street, Omaha, Neb.
- September 21: 8 – 4:30 p.m. Continuing Education Seminar sponsored by MMI Physical Therapy department. “Creating Assistive Technology Solutions in Minutes – A Make and Take Workshop” presented by Therese Willkomm, Ph.D. Cost: $125 (includes lunch and 5 items that you will make and take home). Register online through 9/15 or until course enrollment reaches 100. Storz Pavilion Lower Level, Room 1-8.
- October 27: 4 – 6 p.m., MMI Trunk-or-Treat.