Here is a listing of events in the community that may be of interest to Munroe-Meyer Institute’s clients, families, faculty and staff. The Munroe-Meyer Institute may not be directly involved with these events, but we offer this list as a courtesy to our MMI family.
Share your MMI storiesThe Munroe-Meyer Institute will be celebrating its 100th anniversary this year. In celebration we are compiling a book, "The Munroe-Meyer Institute: A Century of Caring," and we'd like to share your MMI story. We're looking for 100 stories about how MMI has impacted lives. Stories should be typed on a computer or handwritten, no longer than one page in length and should discuss your own experiences or the experience of your child or family member. (Those sharing stories about a family member must be that person's parent, if a minor, or legal guardian.) Those sharing stories are asked to print out, fill out and sign this release and send the story to Melonie Welsh, via email or postal mail: MMI, Room 2013C, 985450 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198-5450 by July 31, 2019. Photos may be included, but please check both the interview and photo boxes on the release form. (A release is needed for each person in the photo.) Thank you for being part of this exciting project that tells the story of MMI.
- May 17: 11:30 – 1 p.m., MMI Spring Picnic. JP Lord Gym.
- May 22: Omaha Gives! Omaha’s 7th Annual 24-hour charitable challenge.
- June 3, 10, 17, 24: 5:30 – 7 p.m., Munroe-Meyer Institute, in collaboration with the Nebraska Guild Grant, offers a Community Autism Resource Education (C.A.R.E.) program for families that have a child who is at-risk, or recently diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. C.A.R.E. is a four-week caregiver program that provides a jump-start for families to access support and resources for children with autism and their families. Families can register or get more information by contacting Katie Brown at 402-559-8898 or email@example.com. There are a total of four classes per group and all classes are held at the Munroe-Meyer Institute.
- June 7: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Nebraska Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Summer Conference, "Working with children who have significant speech impairment: Clinical decision-making, integrating speech with AAC, and communication outcomes." Online registrations accepted through June 5. Scott Conference Center, Omaha.
- June 9: Munroe-Meyer Guild 51st Garden Walk, Omaha. Purchase tickets.
- June 12: RiteCare Classic Four-Person Scramble. Lunch at 11 a.m. and shotgun start at noon. Phone or e-mail your registration today at 402-342-1300 firstname.lastname@example.org. Pacific Springs Golf Course 16810 Harney St., Omaha. If you are interesting in volunteering for the RiteCare Classic, please email Micah Evans at email@example.com. Volunteers will receive food, water and soda, and golf shirts (depending on what sizes are available).
- June 23: 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Walk for RiteCare – Omaha. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. at Lake Zorinsky, Omaha.
- July 13: Meyer Foundation for Disabilities OwL Ride, Omaha. Click the link for more information or register at www.owlride.org.
- July 31: Share your MMI stories are due.
- October 27: 4 – 6 p.m., MMI Trunk-or-Treat.