Microarray has been recommended by the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG) when fetal ultrasound anomalies are detected or when a patient is undergoing invasive prenatal diagnostic testing.1 This test may be particularly beneficial to patients with the following clinical indications:
- Abnormal ultrasound findings
- Abnormal screening test (NIPT) for microdeletions
- Family history of a genetic or chromosomal abnormality that is detectable by microarray technology
- History of pregnancy loss
- The use of chromosomal microarray analysis in prenatal diagnosis. Committee Opinion No. 581. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Obstet Gynecol 2013; 122:1374-1377.