- Complimentary test kits are available, upon request, but are not required.
- Collect specimens under sterile conditions and maintain at room temperature unless otherwise indicated.
- Label specimens with two patient identifiers (patient's full name and date of birth) AND the collection date/time. When labeling, please use indelible ink or gummed labels.
- Coordinate transport for specimen to be received in our laboratory within 24-48 hours of collection.
- Specimens are accepted daily, including weekends.
- Transport specimens at room temperature unless otherwise indicated.
- Shipping during extreme temperatures may require special handling procedures (call for assistance).
- Specimens cannot be frozen and most specimens must arrive within 24-48 hours of collection.
- Specimen can be sent with any Regional Pathology Services route courier.
- STAT specimen transport requests can be made by calling 402-559-6420.
UNMC Shipping & Receiving Dock
Regional Pathology Services MSB 3500
University of Nebraska Medical Center
601 Saddle Creek Road
Omaha, NE 68106-1180