New building | New address 6902 Pine Street
- All services are provided at our new building, located near the University of Nebraska at Omaha Scott Campus. Our location at the UNMC main campus at Farnam & Saddle Creek is closed.
- View a map of our new building with entrances and parking.
Advocacy & Awareness Celebrations
MMI proudly supports local, national and international awareness initiatives to promote acceptance and inclusion for all people with and without disabilities and other complex health care needs. We invite our MMI family and anyone with an interest to become involved in these important conversations.
JULY is National Cleft & Craniofacial awareness & prevention month
JULY is National Minority Mental Health awareness month
JULY 26 is the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Anniversary
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- 1-2:30 p.m.
Sizzling Summer Series 2021 - Becoming an anti-racist public health system, Session 4: Empathy, Privilege & Culture Humility; Presented by the UNMC Office of Public Health Practice, in partnership with the Midwestern Public Health Training Center, Wichita State University and St. Louis University’s College for Public Health and Social Justice; Available to anyone in the public health workforce at any level | Register.
August 12 (10-11:30 a.m.)
- Sizzling Summer Series 2021 - Becoming an anti-racist public health system, Session 5: Approaching Practice with an Anti-Racist Lens; Presented by the UNMC Office of Public Health Practice, in partnership with the Midwestern Public Health Training Center, Wichita State University and St. Louis University’s College for Public Health and Social Justice; Available to anyone in the public health workforce at any level | Register.
Educational & Training Opportunities
July 28 & Aug 4
- 9:30-11 a.m. (ages 14-17) & 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. (ages 18-26)
MMI Advocacy & Arts Summer Program for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities at UNO Barbara Weitz Community Engagement Center. Registration is FREE but space is limited. Email Rachel Ray or call 402-559-3673 for more info | View PDF.
- 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Genetic Counseling Virtual Open House, hosted by the UNMC College of Allied Health Professions. Learn about the field of genetic counseling and the diverse roles of GCs, practice pedigree skills and discuss a genetics case. Register here.
- Noon-1 p.m.
Pharmaceutical Focus of Caregiving, part of the 2021 Educational Series - four workshops offered by the Nebraska Caregiver Coalition designed to provide training, education, support and resources for family caregivers. View PDF | Learn more and register.
September & November
- Nebraska Emergency Management Disability Awareness Training, provided by Niagara University - including planning, preparedness, response and recovery for emergency managers, personnel involved in emergency management, volunteers, disability advocates, individuals with disabilities and access and functional needs, and those invested in proper response to the disability community. Registration is FREE but a no call/no show fee is $50. Call 716-286-7355, email firstname.lastname@example.org or see PDF for more info.
- View Nebraska Training Options and registration links for all cities listed below.
- Sep 7-8: Scottsbluff
- Sep 9-10: North Platte
- Sep 13-14: Omaha
- Sep 15-16: Norfolk
- Nov 1-2: Lincoln
- Nov 3-4: Grand Island
September 17, 18, 19
- SOAR (Searching for Opportunities for an Advocacy Revolution!) FREE Regional Self-Advocacy Virtual Conference for Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri & Kansas – Learn more and register. For more info call Kellie Ellerbusch at 402-559-4892 or send an email.
October 8, 9, 10
- People First of Nebraska 2021 Annual Convention "Stronger Together!", Kearney, Nebraska – Call for presentations due Sept. 1. Learn more and register. For more info call Kellie Ellerbusch at 402-559-4892 or send an email.
- Noon-1 p.m.
Caregiving: My Heart Sees Your Heart; Discovering the Joys and Benefits of Respite, part of the 2021 Educational Series - four workshops offered by the Nebraska Caregiver Coalition designed to provide training, education, support and resources for family caregivers. View PDF | Learn more and register.
- Noon: Shotgun start
RiteCare Classic Golf Outing & Benefit at Pacific Springs Golf Course – 16810 Harney St., Omaha NE, hosted by Scottish Rite Foundation of Omaha, benefiting RiteCare Clinics of Nebraska. Email Micah Evans or call 402-342-1300 for more information | Learn more, donate or register.
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk & Family Festival at Werner Park - Papillion, hosted by Down Syndrome Alliance of the Midlands; 100% of funds raised support programs and administration of an organization that supports over 400 families in the Omaha Metro. T-shirts available with registration through August 31. Learn more, donate or register.
MMI Dedication & Ribbon Cutting
- Access ‘MMI’s New Home’ YouTube Playlist for video clips from the event, including individual segments as well as the livestream recorded event.
- View facts about the new building on MMI’s webpage – this page links to Press Kits and more content on UNMC Strategic Communications web pages.
- MMI’s homepage was among the few sub sites included in the rollout of UNMC’s new website design – Read the UNMC Today story. Look for more changes to our inside pages in the coming months!
All events are listed in central standard time (CST).
The inclusion of events and links from this site do not imply endorsement. The Munroe-Meyer Institute may not be directly involved with all activities but we share them as a courtesy to our MMI family.
Please email MMI Community Engagement if we've listed event details incorrectly; apologies in advance!Events are also shared on MMI Facebook and Twitter accounts. Like and follow us to stay current.