- Do you have an upcoming appointment at MMI? Read welcome back to clinic guidelines for health and safety (English | Spanish)
- From MMI Director, Karoly Mirnics, M.D., Ph.D. Read Director's Message: A Spectrum of Racism
Expanded MMI services and resources during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Community Autism Resource Education (C.A.R.E.) Program is available online
- C.A.R.E. Program is also available in Spanish
- Family Support During Crisis video library
- Health Care Transition Clinic is now scheduling telehealth appointments statewide
- Psychology is offering up to two free appointments via telehealth for behavioral health
- Telehealth & Zoom at MMI
- Transition Information Series educational meeting recordings are available online
Munroe-Meyer Institute events
October 21, 28 & November 4, 11
- 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Girls Group Seminar: Growing up with MMI, a four-session workshop for middle, high school and transition-aged students with I/DD who identify as young women. All sessions are focused on reproductive health and justice for people with I/DD. Presented by MMI therapists Sam Montemarano and Anne Woodruff Jameson. Learn more and register.
- "Hearts of Glass" film is available for viewing. See Oct. 26-30 Increasing Access and Opportunity Week [PDF flyer] for more details.
- 2-4 p.m.
Trunk-or-Treat Drive Thru at 6902 Pine Street (the parking lot of MMI's new building). Learn more.
October 26 & 28
- 10:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (Oct. 26) | 10-11:45 a.m. (Oct. 28)
Design Thinking to optimize the impact of MMI's Caring for Champions dental initiative. Learn more and register.
- Increasing Access and Opportunity Week [PDF flyer] for National Disability Employment Awareness Month, hosted by Munroe-Meyer Institute's UCEDD, featuring "Hearts of Glass", a film that follows the tumultuous first 15 months of operation of Vertical Harvest (VH) of Jackson, WY, a state-of-the-art hydroponic greenhouse that provides meaningful employment for people with disabilities. The film is available for viewing Oct. 23-30 on the Hearts of Glass website.
- 1-2:30 p.m. daily, Monday through Friday, attend panel discussions on topics surrounding disability employment presented by MMI, Nebraska Council on Developmental Disabilities, The Arc of Nebraska, and Disability Rights Nebraska. Register for those sessions here.
- Oct. 26: Transitioning from School to Work
- Oct. 27: Self-Employment and Adult Programs
- Oct. 28: Discussion with "Hearts of Glass" Film Participants
- Oct. 29: Dignity of Employment
- Oct. 30: Disability Employment and Voting
- 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Family Care Enhancement Project Information Series "Home and Community Based Services Overview" presented by Tony Green - Director, Division of Developmental Disabilities at Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. Learn more and register.
- 1-2 p.m.
MMI Grand Rounds "The One Where Melissa Gives a Job Talk: Let's Be Friends", presented by Melissa Fetterer Robinsin, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow at University of Virgina STAR Institute. Learn more.
November 6, 7, 13 & 14
- 12:30-5 p.m. on Nov. 6 & 13 | 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Nov. 7 & 14
Nebraska Statewide Disability Leadership Training Seminar Series hosted by MMI UCEDD, presented by NE disability leaders from a variety of agency partners, designed for persons with disabilities, family members, concerned citizens and professionals who are interested in promoting the best outcomes for individuals with disabilities and their families. Learn more, view schedule and register.
Supporting board events
- Denim for Disabilities sponsored by the Meyer Foundation for Disabilities. External organizations can email Carla Pospisal for participation details. Learn more and donate.
Other community events
October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month
- Learn more about this initiative.
- Purchase your 2020 yard sign from National Association for Down Syndrome.
October is National Bullying Prevention Month
- Children with disabilities—such as physical, developmental, intellectual, emotional, and sensory disabilities—are at an increased risk of being bullied.
- Learn more about this initiative.
October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- 1-2 p.m.
Person-Centered Planning Training: Now is the Time for Vision – presented by Darcy Elks, hosted by Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and Nebraska Council of Developmental Disabilities. Details in attached PDF. Learn more and register.
- Unity Day 2020 Wear orange to show that we are together against bullying, and united for kindness, acceptance and inclusion.
- 12-1 p.m.
Family Peer Support Webinar: An Emerging Workforce, hosted by Mid-America MHTTC. Learn more and register.
- 7 p.m.
MDA Kevin Hart Kids Telethon, benefiting the Muscular Dystrophy Association and Help From the Hart Charity. Learn more.
- 5-7 p.m.
Trunk or Treat Drive-Thru at UNL East Campus (40th & Holdrege), hosted by UNMC College of Dentistry and UNMC Student Alliance for People of All Abilities (SAPA), designed for children and young adults with special needs and their families. Learn more [PDF].
- 1-2 p.m.
Person-Centered Planning Training: Born to Live in Community, When People We Support Become Members and Citizens Lean In – presented by Danyetta Najoli, hosted by Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and Nebraska Council of Developmental Disabilities. Details in attached PDF. Learn more and register.
- Abilities Expo Virtual Experience 2: Live host, workshops and adaptive activities are open from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. and the conference is accessible 24 hours a day starting on Friday at 8 a.m. Learn more and register.
All events are shown in central standard time (CST).
The inclusion of events and links from this site does not imply endorsement. The Munroe-Meyer Institute may not be directly involved with all listings but we share them as a courtesy to our MMI family.