New building | New address 6902 Pine Street
- All services are provided at our new building, located near the University of Nebraska at Omaha Scott Campus. Our location at the UNMC main campus at Farnam & Saddle Creek is closed.
- View a map of our new building with entrances and parking.
Advocacy & Awareness
The Munroe-Meyer Institute is committed to promoting acceptance and inclusion for all people with and without disabilities and other complex health care needs. We proudly support local, national and international awareness initiatives and invite our MMI family and anyone with an interest to become involved in these important conversations.
- Autism Acceptance Month & World Autism Day (April 2) – Learn more.
- Child Abuse Prevention Month – Learn more
- Occupational Therapy Month – Learn more
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Educational & Training Opportunities
- 6:30-8:30 p.m.
MMI Informational Series: Utilizing Independent Service Providers 101: From Finding an Independent Service Provider to Enrollment and Beyond, presented by Shauna Adams, DHHS Stakeholder Engagement Manager. Email Jennifer Hansen with questions – See flyer | Register.
- 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Nebraska Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) Summer Conference: “Evidence-Based Intervention and Apps to Improve Communication Outcomes for Individuals with Autism Who Use AAC”, hosted by MMI's Department of Speech-Language Pathology. Learn more and register.
Now through May 1
- Common Senses Festival: a multi-faceted, sensory-friendly and inclusive event for everyone in the community produced by Autism Action Partnership, sponsored in part by MMI and many others. Learn more and explore events | View summary of events PDF flyer.
- Nebraska Science Festival - Learn more
- 9:15-11 a.m. & continuing Mon-Fri, weekly
Free* brewed coffee and tea (regular and decaffeinated) for MMI families, staff and students, generously provided by the MMI Administration, NU Foundation, Nebraska VR, and the MMI-UNO Trailblazer Program, and served by MMI-UNO Trailblazer students at the MMI Lobby OpPOURtunity Brew Coffee Shop on Level 1. No espresso-based or specialty drinks. *One per day using a punch card, available for MMI staff and students. Learn more about MMI-UNO Trailblazer Program.
- 9 a.m.-noon
Ne SciFest Public Expo at The Durham Museum - Learn more
Jun 6 - Jul 1
- 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Summer Treatment Program - A Summer Camp for Children with ADHD, provided by Munroe-Meyer Institute at Millard West High School is for children ages 6 through 12 with a diagnosis of ADHD. View PDF flyer to learn more | Register.
- 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Munroe-Meyer Guild's 53rd Annual Garden Walk - Learn more
Reminders & Resources
Share Your Experience
We rely on families and clients to help us understand where we can improve and what we do well. There are several ways to provide feedback.
- Access the share your experience page to leave feedback for Munroe-Meyer.
All events are listed in central time (CT).
The inclusion of events and links from this site do not imply endorsement. The Munroe-Meyer Institute may not be directly involved with all activities but we share them as a courtesy to our MMI family.
Please email MMI Community Engagement to get your event included in this list or if we've listed any details incorrectly; apologies in advance!Events are also shared on MMI Facebook and Twitter accounts. Like and follow us to stay current.