Girls Group Seminar: Growing Up With MMIPrintable flyer
This seminar is designed for
Middle, high school and transition-aged students with intellectual/developmental disabilities who identify as young women.
The four-session seminar will focus on
Reproductive health and justice for people with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
6:30-7:30 p.m. (CST) on Oct. 21 & 28 and Nov. 4 & 11
All sessions will be presented via computer using Zoom. Learn how to join a Zoom event.
- October 21: Personal Anatomy and Puberty
Review which body parts are private, similarities and differences between males and females, and how those body parts change.
- October 28: Personal Hygiene
Learn important tips on how to take care of your growing body by showering, using deodorant, shaving, and managing your period.
- November 4: Foundations of Healthy Relationships
Discuss issues that are important in forming and being in all kinds of relationships like trust, communication, privacy, and consent.
- November 11: Reproduction and Healthcare
Hear how reproduction works. Learn about the doctors you’ll see and exams you’ll have related to your body’s ability to reproduce.
Presenters at the virtual seminar will include
- Sam Montemarano, MOT, OTR/L MMI occupational therapist
- Anne Woodruff Jameson, PT, DPT MMI physical therapist
- $60 registration fee (includes all four sessions)
- Registrants must be able to attend all four sessions
- Instructions and additional materials will be provided upon registration
- Registration ends October 20, 11:59 p.m