What is Munroe-Meyer Institute doing?
All departments and programs at MMI are committed to the safety and well-being of the individuals they serve. To that end MMI has implemented the following:
- Installed bilingual hygiene stations at patient and visitor entrance points.
- Implemented COVID-19 screening interview for all patients and visitors.
- Established additional check-in kiosks to manage patient flow.
- Instigated heightened sanitation measures.
- Moved classroom teaching and exams to electronic platform.
- Transferred appointments to telemedicine when appropriate.
- Created a website page with resources for families.
- All employees are exercising social distancing whenever possible.
- Moved the majority of meetings to electronic format.
- Postponed community events and conferences with more than 10 participants (Light it Up Blue will be held virtually, new building tours postponed, AAC conference canceled, etc.).
- Temporarily suspended TIPS, Early Intervention, Autism Care for Toddlers, Recreation Therapy group activities and some outstate clinics.
- Require continuous self-monitoring for all providers and staff for COVID-19 and upper respiratory symptoms.
- Suspended all business travel per University of Nebraska guidelines.
- Private travel is discouraged. When personal travel is unavoidable, travelers upon return might be required to self-isolate for two weeks.
- MMI leadership continuously Interact with University of Nebraska, Nebraska Medicine, Center for Disease Control, and Douglas County Health Department to establish new and revise as outdated policies.