UNMC Munroe-Meyer Institute is complying with and exceeding existing coronavirus disease (COVID-19) control protocols outlined by the CDC.
If you have questions, feel you may have been exposed, or are sick, contact the Douglas County Health Department hotline (Monday-Friday) at 402-444-3400. Additional information is available by reviewing the following links and documents:
- Douglas County Health Department
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC)
- Nebraska Medicine resources for providers
People with disabilities are most at risk in our community. We can all help to keep them safe! See what MMI is doing on-site.
How can you help?Spread the word (not the virus)
- Provide education to individuals with I/DD that will prevent virus spread.
- Encourage individuals with I/DD to practice hand hygiene and social distancing: Watch video [link to youtube/Oregon DHS].
- Go to learn.specialolympics.org for free educational, interactive courses.
- Use social media to spread health messages.
Coronavirus Self-Checker [link to cdc.gov]
This automated tool is not designed to diagnose coronavirus but is a guide to help you make decisions and seek appropriate medical care.
Shelter in Place
What exactly do these words mean? [link to vox.com]
Multilingual resources on COVID-19 [link to Switchboard blog]
Multilingual videos on COVID-19 provided by Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska [link to youtube]
World Health Organization (WHO) Updates [link to who.int]
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 Partner Toolkit [link to CMS.gov]
Division of Children and Family Services Provider and Partner FAQs [link to Nebraska DHHS dhhs.ne.gov]
Special Olympics provides "What You Need to Know about the Coronavirus Outbreak," including latest news and frequently asked questions. [link to specialolympics.org]
States’ Responsibility for Special Education during COVID [link to U.S. Department of Education]
Talking with children about Coronavirus: Messages for parents, school staff, and others working with children [link to cdc.gov]
Nebraska Children and Families Foundation: Policy changes, opportunities for communities, and general updates connected to response to COVID-19 [link to nebraskachildren.org]
Outlook Nebraska: Transportation/pick up services, rent/utility/bills and food/grocery assistance, and mental health hotlines [link to outlookne.org]
United Way Coronavirus Community Economic Relief Fund [link to unitedway.org]
Special Olympics provides guides to:
- Proper hand washing techniques
- Fit 5: Stay healthy with exercise and diet
- Virtual training
- School of Strength workouts
- Get Digital on Facebook
- Do the Zoo at home - Henry Doorly Zoo
- Art & craft tutorials - McHarperManor on Facebook
- Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing - Scholastic
- Skype a scientist
MMI has created this resource page because the content serves the public good and is consistent with our mission of providing outreach and extraordinary patient care to individuals throughout the I/DD community. The provision of this information should not be considered an endorsement.