Assistant Professor - Department of Neurological Sciences
Director - International Neurology & Observership Program
Co-Director - Multidisciplinary Parkinson's Disease Clinic
Associate Director - Movement Disorders Fellowship Program
|4242 Farnam Street, Suite 650
North Doctor's Tower
Omaha, NE 68131
988440 Nebraska Medical Center
- King Edwards Medical University, MD (2004)
- University of Nebraska Medical Center, Neurology Residency (2009)
- University of Nebraska Medical Center, Neurology Chief Resident (2012)
- University of Nebraska Medical Center, Fellowship, Movement Disorders (2014)
University of Nebraska Medical Center
Parkinson’s disease, online education, blended learning
Dr. Bhatti is a Movement Disorders Neurologist, and Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurological Sciences at the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC). His specialties and interests include Movement Disorders especially Parkinson's Disease, Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery and Chemodenervation. Currently Dr. Bhatti is involved in several research studies including clinical trials with the Parkinson's Study Group, Biomechanics and gait lab at UNO and Driving in Parkinson's Disease with simulated and real life driving evaluations at Mind and Brain Health Lab at UNMC.
Dr. Bhatti directs an online mini-fellowship in Movement Disorders since 2017. He is the founding director of the International Neurology program at UNMC with observer-ship and visiting scholars program. Dr. Bhatti directs annual training camps and workshops in Movement Disorders regionally, nationally and internationally, including use of botulinum toxin and Deep Brain Stimulation therapy. Dr. Bhatti became the curriculum director for Neurology residents and Movement disorders fellows with a strong interest to reform the curricula into modular courses and have developed blended learning courses for them. He has designed and directed basic and advanced neurological examination workshops with hands on teaching. He has been recognized with International Best Teacher Award from Pakistan Society of Neurology and Impact in Education for Innovative practices award, a campus-wide award at UNMC. His teaching is the translation of his clinical practice and passion to do the best for the patients. He is the co-director of comprehensive Parkinson's Disease Program with a multidisciplinary clinic and an extensive outreach program for Parkinson's disease including annual patient and caregiver symposium and physician CME conferences. Dr. Bhatti is an avid Twitter user, YouTube blogger and Facebook researcher. His YouTube video 5 min neurological examination has 1.29 million views and his channel has 1,300 subscribers. Dr. Bhatti currently lives in Omaha, NE and is working on new online educational programs on Neurology for Non-Neurologists and Mini-fellowship in Deep Brain Stimulation Therapy.
- Fahd Amjad, Danish Bhatti, Thomas L. Davis, Odinachi Oguh, Rajesh Pahwa, Pavnit Kukreja, Jorge Zamudio, Leonard Verhagen Metman: Current Practices for Outpatient Initiation of Levodopa-Carbidopa Intestinal Gel for Management of Advanced Parkinson’s Disease in the United States. Advances in Therapy. 2019 June; AV-18003-18. (PMID: 31278691)
- Junaid Siddiqui, Zakiyah Aldaajani, Raja Mehanna, Barbara Kelly Changizi, Danish Bhatti, Ziyad Ghazi Al-Johani, Aparna Wagle Shukla, Hubert H. Fernandez, Jawad A. Bajwa. Rationale and patient selection for interventional therapies in Parkinson’s disease. Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics. 2018 Nov; 18(11):811-823. (PMID: 30328737)
- Kerui Xu, M.P.H, Ph.D(c); Nada Alnaji, M.P.H, M.D.; John M. Bertoni, M.D., Ph.D; Li-Wu Chen, M.H.S.A, Ph.D; Danish Bhatti, MD; Fei Jiang, M.P.H; Ming Qu, M.D., Ph.D Comorbid conditions in Parkinson’s disease: a population-based study of statewide Parkinson’s Disease Registry. Neuroepidemiology 2018;50:7-17.
- Michelle Fullard, Dylan Thibault, Andrew Hill, Joellyn Fox, Danish Bhatti, Michelle A. Burack, Nabila Dahodwala, Elizabeth Haberfeld, Drew Kern, Olga S Klepitskaya, Enrique Urrea-Mendoza, Phillip Myers, John G. Nutt, Miriam Rafferty, Jason M. Schwalb, Lisa M. Shulman, and Allison W. Willis. Utilization of Rehabilitation Therapy Services in Parkinson's disease in the United States. Parkinson Study Group Healthcare Outcomes and Disparities Working Group. Neurology. 2017 Aug 23
- Howard E. Gendelman, Yuning Zhang, Pamela Santamaria, Katherine E. Olson, Charles R. Schutt, Danish Bhatti, Bhagya Laxmi Dyavar Shetty, Yaman Lu, Katherine A. Estes, David G. Standaert, Elizabeth Heinrichs-Graham, LuAnn Larson, Jane L. Meza, Matthew Follett, Erica Forsberg, Gary Siuzdak, Tony W. Wilson, Carolyn Peterson & R. Lee Mosley. Evaluation of the safety and immunomodulatory effects of sargramostim in a randomized, double-blind phase 1 clinical Parkinson’s disease trial. NPJ Parkinsons Dis. 2017 Mar 23;3:10