Assistant Professor - Department of Neurological Sciences
|4242 Farnam Street, Suite 650
North Doctor's Tower
Omaha, NE 68198
988440 Nebraska Medical Center
- Universidad de Panama, Facultad de Medicina, MD (2000)
- Hospital Santo Tomas, Panama, Republic of Panama, Internal Medicine Residency (2006)
- Metropolitan Hospital, New York, New York, Internal Medicine Internship (2008)
- Lutheran Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, Internal Medicine Residency (2009)
- Saint Vincent's Hospital Manhattan, New York, New York, Adult Neurology Residency (2010)
- Columbia University, New York, New York, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Adult Neurology Residency (2012)
- Columbia University, New York, New York, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Fellowship, Vascular Neurology (2013)
- Columbia University, New York, New York, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Fellowship, Advanced Vascular Neurology (2014)
University of Nebraska Medical Center
Stroke prevention and acute care.
Dr. Marco A. Gonzalez-Castellon is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurological Sciences at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. He is board-certified in Neurology and Vascular Neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and is a member of the American Academy of Neurology, American Heart Association and the American College of Physicians.
A native of Panama City, Panama Dr. Gonzalez-Castellon graduated from the University of Panama School of Medicine in 2000. He completed an Internal Medicine residency in Panama City before moving to the United States. He completed his Neurology Residency and Vascular Neurology Fellowship at the New York – Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia University Medical Center in New York City. Dr. Gonzalez-Castellon evaluates patients with cerebrovascular diseases including: acute ischemic stroke, intracerebral hemorrhage, vertebral venous thrombosis, cerebral vessel atherosclerosis, spinal cord infarction, and vasculopathies. His research interests include stroke prevention and acute care.