The mission and vision of the Department of Neurological Sciences are to:
- Provide the highest quality of compassionate, state-of-the-art neurological care to the people of Nebraska and surrounding states.
- Build upon our strengths and programs in nationally recognized multidisciplinary centers of excellence for disease-based care.
- Conduct innovative clinical, translational, and basic science research to advance knowledge and treatments for neurological disease.
- Provide premier educational programs to train the next generation of neurologists to serve Nebraska, the region, and the nation.
- Promote education and outreach in neurological advances to the wider community of medical professionals, patients, and the public.