Grand Rounds is a weekly conference providing continuing medical education in the clinical neurosciences to medical professionals. Continuing medical education credits are provided through UNMC for physicians and nurses. These lectures are transmitted live via video conference to Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney, Nebraska, St. Francis Hospital in Grand Island, Nebraska, and St. Elizabeth Hospital in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Location: Michael Sorrell Center, Room 1005
Time: Thursdays, 11:50am - 12:50pm, Mid-August through June
- Emergency Neurology Lecture Series is given weekly over the first 2 months of each academic year for new residents.
- Noon Resident Conferences are held every Thursday year round. Faculty members speak along with other departments. This conference is run by the program director and provides didactic teaching in all aspects of neurology and related areas of neuroscience for the residents during their 3 years of training.
- Neuromuscular Conferences are given once a month.
- Epilepsy and EEG Conferences are held once a month.
- Basic Neuroscience Lecture Series are held once a month.
- Journal Club occurs monthly to review the current medical literature that is pertinent to neurology.
All above conferences are mandatory for Neurology residents to attend.
- Neuro-OncologyTumor Conferences are held once a week. Residents are encouraged to attend, but this conference is not mandatory.
- Brain Cutting Conferences are held once a week. Residents are encouraged to attend but this conference is not mandatory.