Cattlemen's Ball sets $2.5 million fundraising goal

February 27, 2014

Image with caption: Montgomery Gentry will headline the 2014 Cattlemen's Ball.

Montgomery Gentry will headline the 2014 Cattlemen's Ball.

The 2014 Cattlemen's Ball of Nebraska has set a goal of raising a record $2.5 million for the June 6-7 event at the Hoot Owl Ranch near Harrisburg, Neb., which is located in Banner County in the Nebraska Panhandle.

Host families for the 2014 Cattlemen's Ball will be Kenny and Misty Stauffer along with the ranch owners Jeff and Kathy May. Jeff Heldt and Monty Stoddard are serving as co-chairs for this year's ball. The theme for the event is "Corral a Cure for Cancer."

"In order to reach this ambitious goal, it will take support from all corners of Nebraska," Heldt said. "Every community can make a difference."

The event coordinators are seeking donations, sponsorships and auction items in an effort to help make the $2.5 million goal a reality, he said. He encouraged people to visit the event website for more details and sponsorship opportunities.

Heldt said organizers are in need of 600 volunteers for the event. Those interested in assisting can sign up on the website or by email here.

The Cattlemen's Ball of Nebraska has been held annually since 1998 at a different ranch each year to increase cancer awareness and raise money for cancer research. The event also promotes beef in a healthy diet and showcases rural Nebraska.

Each year, 90 percent of the proceeds go toward cancer research at the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center at UNMC, with the remaining 10 percent earmarked toward regional medical organizations.

The event is open to the public and will include both silent and live auctions, a style show, golf tournament and art show. Additional events will be a Saturday night dinner followed by a concert featuring Montgomery Gentry. A dance featuring the 5 to Life Band will follow the concert and round out the day's activities.

Tickets are now on sale here or by calling (308) 235-2289.


Fill out the following and your comment will post once it has been approved.

Name (Required)

Email (Required)

Thank you, your comment will appear below once it has been approved.