- Name: Nitin Garg, M.B.B.S.
- Hometown: Abohar, Punjab, India
- Title and department: Associate professor, UNMC Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery, Section of Vascular Surgery
- Diabetic control in PAD patients
- Anesthetic options for endovascular aneurysm surgery
- Complex open and endovascular aortic surgery
- Open and endovascular treatment of acute and chronic iliocaval thrombosis
- Peripheral artery disease
How I fell in love with vascular surgery:
I get to take care of a wide variety of problems and the specialty requires expertise both in medical care and technical aspects of surgery. No two days are the same for the surgical patients- really is the best form of personalized medicine service.
- M.B.B.S., All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
- M.P.H., John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Md.
- American College of Surgeons
- Society for Vascular Surgery
- Society of Clinical Vascular Surgery
- Southern Association for Vascular Surgery
- Vascular & Endovascular Surgery Society
Three things you may not know about me:
- I'm the first person in my family to come to the U.S.
- I'm afraid of snakes.
- My dream is to go bird suit flying.