- Name: Michael Pichler, M.D.
- Hometown: Norfolk, Neb.
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, neurological sciences
- Ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke
- Quality improvement measures for inpatient admissions
- Student and resident education
How I fell in love with neurology:
I am fascinated with the complexities of the nervous system and am constantly amazed at how it is able to function to create language, memory, personality, etc. I love being able to apply a knowledge of neuroscience and neuroanatomy to help patients clinically.
- Bachelor of Science, Creighton University, Omaha
- M.D., UNMC College of Medicine, Omaha
- Internal medicine internship and neurology residency, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Vascular neurology fellowship, Mayo Clinic
- American Academy of Neurology
- Neurohospitalist Society
- American Stroke Association
- American Medical Association
Three things people may not know about me:
- I have two sons (ages 4 months and 2 years).
- I have a 12-year-old chocolate lab named Buddha who is able to howl on command.
- I love boating, fishing and hunting.