- Name: Keyonna King, Dr.P.H.
- Hometown: Omaha
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Health Promotion, Social and Behavioral Health, Center for Reducing Health Disparities
- Using community-based participatory research/community-partnered participatory research methods to address health disparities in minority communities.
- African-American young men engaging in preventive health behaviors to increase health outcomes.
- Mental health in minority communities.
How I fell in love with my profession:
My first time working with the community to complete a project for my research assistantship as a doctoral student was the most challenging and rewarding experience for me. I loved the knowledge transfer between myself and the community. After that, I wanted to acquire all the knowledge and skills necessary to partner with the communities to address their health needs.
- Bachelor of Arts, Creighton University, Omaha
- Master of Arts, Pepperdine University, Malibu, Calif.
- Doctor of Public Health, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, Calif.
Three things people may not know about me:
- I lived in California for 11 years.
- I'm a die-hard Philadelphia Eagles fan.
- I drive a big red truck and love it.
Dear Dr.King: I am a mature adult learner with over 20 years of experience as a health professional ,emergency responder, trainer and educator with expertise and training in disaster management,tactical and disaster medicine ,respiratory and critical care medicine ,hazardous materials management and environmental safety , emerging infectious diseases and counterterrorism. My goal is obtain a doctorate in public health with concentrations in public health preparedness / emergency management and environmental health sciences. Would appreciate your feedback and recommendations. Respectfully, Frank G.Rando E- mail: email@example.com
I am so very proud of the woman,mother, and professional you've become. Keep on keeping on Dr. King, conquer and slay all adversity.
Congratulations my dearest daughter. I could not be more proud of you. You are now as always my inspiration!😂
Go best friend...that's my best friend! 😀
We're thrilled to welcome Dr. King to the department -- and eager to learn from her.
Thank you, Kandy and Sydney! I'm happy to be back home to share the knowledge and skill I have about CBPR.
Yay! Dr. King!
We are SO EXCITED to have you here, and to learn all you have to impart about CBPR!! Also, welcome home!