- Name: Benjamin Teply, M.D.
- Hometown: Omaha
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology
- Genitourinary (GU) malignancies, including:
- high-risk, recurrent, and/or metastatic prostate cancers
- muscle-invasive bladder cancers
- advanced kidney cancers
- germ cell cancers
- Novel hormonal and non-hormonal approaches in prostate cancer
- Optimal utilization of approved therapies
- Clinical trials in GU oncology
How I fell in love with oncology:
I find the care of patients with cancer to be extremely rewarding. In addition, the field of oncology provides tremendous opportunities to improve the care for patients through clinical research.
- M.D., UNMC
- Residency, internal medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Fellowship, medical oncology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Association of Cancer Research
Three things people may not know about me:
- I enjoy attending the College World Series and have an extensive collection of CWS souvenir cups.
- I enjoy running in Memorial and Elmwood parks.
- But mostly right now, I am kept busy by my 2-year-old son.