- Name: Marshall Hyden, M.D.
- Hometown: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology
- Cardiac imaging in heart failure patients
How I fell in love with cardiology:
In medical training, I most enjoyed working in the intensive care unit with critically ill patients, but I have always wanted to have an ongoing relationship with my patients. I also enjoy working with my hands in procedures, and therefore advanced heart failure was the perfect specialty, involving the sickest patients in cardiogenic shock, as well as the ability to perform procedures and to follow patients long term.
- M.D., University of Toledo College of Medicine, Toledo, Ohio
- Residency, internal medicine, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland
- American College of Cardiology
- The International Society for Heart & Lung Transplantation
Three things people may not know about me:
- I was a track and cross country athlete in high school.
- I have done every type of home repair work myself including carpentry, roofing, plumbing and electrical.
- I grew up in Ohio.
We are so glad Dr. Hyden has joined the UNMC Faculty. The UNMC community and UNMC patients are fortunate to have him! - Dr. Daniel Johnson UNMC Anesthesiology & Critical Care