- Name: Vaishali Phatak, Ph.D.
- Hometown: Pune, India
- Title and department at UNMC: Associate professor, UNMC Department of Neurological Sciences
Professional and Research Interests:
- Evaluating cognitive and psychosocial functioning in neurological disorders such as traumatic brain injury (TBI), stroke and neurodegenerative disorders.
- Researching new interventions and technology to assist with traumatic brain injury (TBI), stroke and neurodegenerative disorders.
How I fell in love with science:
I fell in love with science due to dedicated and awesome public school teachers who taught us to love science, appreciate the human condition and nurture relentless optimism to research techniques to improve not just life expectancy, but also to improve people's quality of life as we all live longer. (Thanks, Mrs. Davis!)
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychological
- International Neuropsychological Society
Three things people may not know about me:
- I've visited all 50 states, starting with New York, with lots of fun cross country trips and finally the best vacation in Hawaii a few years back!
- I've been a true nerd since I first read that the meaning of life was 42. My favorite thing about the internet is listening to the original radio version of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."
- I discovered Asian fusion cooking in Seattle. My favorite is rasgulla marzipan.