- Name: Douglas Stoller, M.D.
- Hometown: Princeville, Ill.
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology
- Advanced heart failure
- Heart transplant
- Cardiac genetics
- Neuromuscular cardiomyopathy (cardiac manifestations of muscular dystrophy)
- Mechanical circulatory support
How I fell in love with advanced heart failure and heart transplant:
The patient-physician relationship in transplant cardiology is second to none and typically includes both absolute lows and highs. The sustained relationship over years provides deep satisfaction and meaning to my career.
- M.D., University of Chicago
- Ph.D., University of Chicago
- Residency, internal medicine, University of Texas Southwestern
- Fellowship, cardiovascular disease, University of Texas Southwestern
- Fellowship, advanced heart failure and heart transplant, University of Texas Southwestern
- American Heart Association
- Heart Failure Society of America
- International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation
Three things people may not know about me:
- I grew up helping my father on his farm, and operating a John Deere combine is very relaxing for me.
- I enjoy making blueberry pancakes for my kids on Sunday mornings.
- I enjoy listening to sports radio during my commute to and from work.