- Name: Scott Vincent, M.D.
- Hometown: York, Neb.
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation
- Degenerative conditions of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine
- Spine trauma and spinal cord injury
- Less-invasive surgical treatment options for spinal pathology
- Tumors of the spinal column
How I fell in love with orthopaedic surgery:
I really enjoyed the clinical and surgical treatment of musculoskeletal problems. In orthopaedics, we often have the opportunity to take care of a diverse patient population whose goals are often to return to an active lifestyle which can be very rewarding.
- M.D., UNMC, 2007-2011
- Residency, orthopaedic surgery, UNMC, 2011-2016
- Fellowship, spine surgery, department of orthopedics and rehabilitation, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wis., 2016-2017
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Association Emerging Leader
- Lumbar Spine Research Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
Three things people may not know about me:
- My wife and I share the same birthday.
- I'm a soccer fan and love following the English Premier League.
- I play the trumpet.
On behalf of the TEAM ORTHO, welcome back!!!!