New and early-stage investigators are encouraged to register online for the event.
The boot camp will give attendees a broad overview and the basics of grant writing, with a focus on helping early investigators who are just beginning to apply for federal funding.
Topics discussed throughout the morning include:
- Finding and using resources for grant preparation and submission;
- A review of common grant elements;
- Principles of good grant-writing and grantsmanship;
- Understanding grant budget basics; and
- Timelines and required processes.
Other speakers will include:
- Howard Fox, M.D., Ph.D., professor and senior associate dean for research, College of Medicine; and
- Bethany DeCarolis, assistant director of Sponsored Programs Administration.
This event is open to all campuses and will be live-streamed online during the event at this link. For more information regarding live-streaming and to learn about other events being held in October, please visit the 2017 Innovation and Research Month web page.