Dietrich began working for UNMC in October 1987. Since that time, he has been the project manager of several important campus projects, including:
- the Weigel Williamson Center for Visual Rehabilitation;
- the Durham Outpatient Center Olson Center for Women's Health;
- the Home Instead Center for the Successful Aging;
- the reonovation of the Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases;
- the Hattie B. Munroe Human Genetics offices;
- the expansion of the National Strategic Research Institute offices;
- numerous office renovations in the Medical Sciences Building; as well as
- hundreds more projects across the campus.
"Bob has seen countless changes to UNMC over the past 30 years," said Andrew Balus, director of project management. "Not only has Bob remodeled a number of spaces, he's remodeled several of them more than once.
"Bob's even demeanor, sense of humor and level of professionalism have remained constant through all of the changes," Balus said. "He's been a pleasure to work with, and he will be missed by all of us."
Dietrich will retire on Jan. 5.
Congrats, Dad!! So happy for you! :)
Congratulations, Bob. Enjoyed the projects we worked on together. Enjoy retirement to its fullest!
Bob, You were our rock during the whole HICSA project!! We are all very grateful. Best Always, Jane Potter and the entire HICSA crew
Congrats on a great career, Bob! You've changed the face of our campus!