- Name: Jay Hansen, D.D.S.
- Hometown: Faulkton, S.D.
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor and General Practice Residency Program co-director, College of Dentistry, Department of Growth and Development
After 31 years of a private practice in general dentistry, I remain interested in the wide range of challenges and issues facing the profession.
How I fell in love with dentistry:
When I was young, I was fascinated by all of the equipment and tools at our family dentist and as I grew older it seemed a great combination of tinkering and health care.
- Undergraduate, South Dakota State University, Brookings, S.D., and University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- D.D.S., UNMC College of Dentistry, 1985
- General practice residency, Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wis., 1986
- American Dental Association
- Nebraska Dental Association
- North District, 1986-present
- Sioux City Dental Society
Three things people may not know about me:
- I have a motorcycle that I seem to spend more time cleaning and maintaining than riding.
- I have a guitar that I never learned to play.
- I've played racquetball on Wednesday nights with a group for 27 years.