Acknowledgements also will be given to two faculty members who received University-wide Awards.
In addition, 140 faculty members will be recognized for serving either five, 10, 20, 30 or 40 years of service at UNMC.
UNMC Chancellor Jeffrey P. Gold, M.D., also will give his annual address to the faculty, titled "Maintaining the Momentum," at the meeting. A reception hosted by Chancellor Goldwill follow the event.
Outstanding faculty awardees are:
Spirit of Community Service Award:
- R. Katherine Hyde, Ph.D., assistant professor, biochemistry and molecular biology, College of Medicine
Outstanding Teacher Award:
- Joseph Anderson, M.D., professor, radiology, College of Medicine
- Mark Shriver, Ph.D., professor, psychology, Munroe-Meyer Institute
Outstanding Faculty Mentor of Graduate Students Award:
- Max Kurz, Ph.D., associate professor, physical therapy, Munroe-Meyer Institute
Outstanding Faculty Mentor of Junior Faculty Award:
- Corrine Hanson, Ph.D., associate professor, medical nutrition education, College of Allied Health Professions
- Kaustubh Datta, Ph.D., professor, biochemistry and molecular biology, College of Medicine
- Jane Kugler, M.D., associate professor, anesthesiology, College of Medicine
The University-wide President's Faculty Excellence Awards recognize faculty whose work has had a significant impact on students, the university and the state.
Joseph Evans, Ph.D., professor of psychology at the Munroe-Meyer Institute and the Behavioral Health Education Center of Nebraska, will receive the Innovation, Development and Engagement Award (IDEA) this spring. The award recognizes faculty members who have extended their academic expertise beyond the boundaries of the university in ways that have enriched the broader community.
The UNMC Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Anatomy was selected to receive the 2018 University-wide Departmental Teaching Award (UDTA).
The UDTA, one of the President's Faculty Excellence Awards, is NU's most prestigious honor for departmental excellence in teaching. Since 1993, the UDTA has recognized departments or units within the university that have made unique and significant contributions to NU's teaching efforts and that have demonstrated outstanding commitment to the education of students at the undergraduate, graduate or professional levels.
Very, very proud of our son Dr. Max Kurz
Congratulations Kate! It is wonderful to see your involvement with the Big Sisters and Science outreach acknowledged! This is very well deserved. Thank you for all that you do.