This week, we learn more about Jason Dundis, administrator in health services research and administration, UNMC College of Public Health.
- Name: Jason Dundis
- Hometown: Omaha (although I also feel at home in the Pacific Northwest)
- No. of years at UNMC: 1.5 years
I work as an administrator for the College of Public Health.
Healing is one of UNMC's brand values. Tell us of a way you've seen healing at UNMC.
Working in and around a medical facility paints the picture of healing with broad strokes. However, when you look past the paint on the walls, you see people working together to keep hope alive. Even during the state budget crisis, people have been pulling together to make ends meet. What we do is purposeful at all levels. That is healing in and of itself.
What is your favorite spring activity?
I don't know that I necessarily have a favorite spring activity. However, my favorite activities are writing stories and composing music.
List three things people may not know about you.
- I compose my own music, am a multi-instrumentalist and write stories. I write all kinds of music -- heavy metal, industrial, orchestral, spacey rock, etc. I also write music for film and games.
- I've been in various bands and have performed all over the U.S. I played guitar, synth and sang on this album. We recorded the album in my basement.
- I moved to L.A. and later Portland in pursuit of music. Once I received a job offer from UNMC, I decided to move back to Omaha.
I had no idea you are a singer! So very talented. I have enjoyed working with you, Jason! You are always willing to help and go the extra mile.
Wow! This is amazing and so interesting to learn about this this incredible creative aspect of your life!