"This software offers many advantages compared to our current SAP travel, such as a funding source approval step, automatic currency conversation on foreign receipts, an app for ease of use while traveling and much more," said Megan Frisbie, interim accounts payable and travel supervisor.
In addition to training presentations and open lab sessions, Central Administration has created a Concur help website (located here). The site features "how-to" YouTube videos, quick reference guides and contact phone numbers for help. Frisbie also is available to set up training within colleges or departments as needed.
- Concur requires you to sign in to the software to submit your travel request or travel expense after the travel coordinator completes them (no longer able to complete via email).
- Concur requires you to sign in to approve travel requests or expenses (no longer able to complete via email).
- Travel coordinators are called "delegates" in Concur and will need to be set up by each traveler (no longer set up by SAP Security).
- International travel will now automatically flow to Bill Lawlor, assistant vice chancellor for business and finance, for approval. Alaska and Hawaii travel will still need to be delegated to him.
To prepare for the go-live date, training dates have been scheduled to familiarize the campus with the new software. All travel coordinators are highly encouraged to attend at least one of the presentations. Travel coordinator presentations will be two hours in length and will go into depth on how to use the system and enter travel for others. The faculty presentations will be abbreviated and will go over the new features of the travel system.
No pre-registration is required, and all session types are open to everyone.
- Aug. 13, 10-10:45 a.m., Durham Research Center (DRC), Room 1005
- Aug. 16, 2-2:45 p.m., Bennett Hall (BTH), Room 2020
- Aug. 20, 10-10:45 a.m., DRC, Room 1005
- Aug. 23, noon-12:45 p.m., DRC, Room 1005
- Aug. 27, 11-11:45 a.m., BTH, Room 2020
- Aug. 30, noon-12:50 p.m., College of Dentistry (COD), Dixon Auditorium, Room 1145
- Aug. 30, 1-1:50 p.m., COD, Dixon Auditorium, Room 1145
- Sept. 6, 8-8:45 a.m., BTH, Room 2020
- Sept. 10, 9-9:45 a.m., Eppley Science Hall (ESH), Room 3010
- Sept. 13, 1-1:45 p.m., ESH, Room 3010
- Sept. 17, 10-10:45 a.m., DRC, Room 1002
- Sept. 20, 2-2:45 p.m., DRC, Room 1004
- Sept. 24, noon-12:45 p.m., DRC, Room 1004
- Sept. 27, 8-8:45 a.m., DRC, Room 1004
Travel coordinator presentations
- Aug. 14, 2-4 p.m.. DRC, Room 1004
- Aug. 15, 2-4 p.m., Center for Nursing Science (CNS), Room 3030
- Aug. 21, 2-4 p.m. DRC, Room 1004
- Aug. 22, 1-3 p.m., College of Public Health (COPH), Room 2001
- Aug. 28, 2-4 p.m., DRC, Room 1005
- Aug. 29, 1-3 p.m., COPH, Room 2001
- Aug. 30, 9-11 a.m., COD, Room 1303
- Aug. 30, 2:30-4:30 p.m., COD, Room 1303
- Sept. 4, 2-4 p.m., ESH, Room 3010
- Sept. 5, 1-3 p.m., COPH, Room 2001
- Sept. 11, 2-4 p.m., ESH, Room 3010
- Sept. 12, 1-3 p.m., COPH, Room 2001
- Sept. 18, 2-4 p.m., ESH, Room 3010
- Sept. 19, 1-3 p.m., COPH, Room 2001
- Sept. 25, 2-4 p.m., ESH, Room 3010
- Sept. 26, 2-4 p.m., CNS, Room 3030
The presentations on Aug. 21 and Sept. 11 and 25 will be available via IP Video for personnel on non-Omaha campuses.
Once the software is live, Frisbie will be holding open lab times to assist people using the software:
- Sept. 14, 1-3 p.m., COPH, Room 2007
- Sept. 21, 1-3 p.m., COPH, Room 2007
- Sept. 28, 1-3 p.m. COPH, Room 2007
Will there be faculty presentations offered via IP Video? College of Nursing in Lincoln, Kearney, Scottsbluff and Norfolk will need some dates to attend via distance. Thanks!