The multidisciplinary forum enables clinical caregivers to discuss social and emotional issues that arise in caring for patients. All UNMC and Nebraska Medicine students and employees are invited to attend the forum from 11:50 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Eppley Science Hall, Room 3010.
Panelists will discuss how health care professionals can provide better care for individuals with disabilities, recognize the challenges faced by individuals with disabilities and their families and how they may impact their medical care, and identify strategies for providing optimum care.
- Karoly Mirnics, M.D, Ph.D., director of the Munroe-Meyer Institute;
- Brad Corr, DPT, director of adult physical therapy programming at MMI;
- Kim Bainbridge, National Core Indicators program associate at MMI and parent;
- Justin Bainbridge, disability advocate; and
- Moderators: Shaker Dukkipati, M.D./Ph.D. student, and Max Lydiatt, medical student.
Lunch will be provided to the first 70 participants.
Continuing medical education and continuing education units are available for eligible staff.
Unfortunately, Schwartz Rounds are unable to be live streamed at this time. Organizers are working to see how future ones can be live streamed. Stay tuned.
I was just wondering if this would be able to be live streamed? I would love to be able to watch it in Kearney. Thank you!