- Name: Clyde Stackhouse
- Hometown: Papillion, Neb.
- No. of years at UNMC: Two years
Tell us a bit about what you do here at UNMC.
I work in human resources staffing and compensation as a senior compensation specialist. Some of the main functions of my role are to provide classifications, salary recommendations, and general compensation recommendations for staff positions across the UNMC campus. Our goal is to provide exceptional HR support, cultivate an engaged workforce, and to make a difference by supporting UNMC's mission.
Innovation is one of UNMC's brand values. Tell us of a time you witnessed a person or group being innovative at UNMC.
I've found that innovation, challenging the status quo and ultimately "making things better" is something I see our HR teams strive for on a consistent basis. One example of this happened during our annual market analysis, where the compensation teams across the University of Nebraska come together. After multiple work sessions and several discussions, the teams found better and more efficient ways to process the data and ensure that the salary structures we build and the potential impact is correct. Working through this process helps ensure that we can attract and retain some of the brightest minds in every field and portion of the workforce at UNMC.
What is your favorite fall activity?
Bonfire with friends! There is nothing better than sitting around a bonfire with great friends as the weather gets colder and leaves change color.
List three things people may not know about you.
- I love snow skiing! Skiing on fresh powder at Winter Park, Colo., is one of my favorite hobbies.
- Listening and making music is an integral part of my life. From listening to a brand new album that just came out, to playing on a stage in front of hundreds of people. Music connects with people in ways no other creative medium can.
- My wife and I helped start My City Church, one of the fastest growing churches in Omaha, this past year where we get the honor to oversee and lead more than 100 volunteers every Sunday.
Clyde, thanks for sharing your hobbies and interest, glad to have you on the HR team. Awesome thing to help plant a church, you are truly touching lives in a might way. Wonderful!!
Clyde is always pleasant, positive and professional with a smile that's contagious. Nice to hear of your many gifts and hobbies!
Clyde is always helpful and a joy to work with. HR is lucky to have him!
Clyde, myself and the college of dentistry is so fortunate to work directly with you! Thank you for sharing more about you.