George Chesteen, M.D., is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: George Chesteen, M.D.
- Hometown: Phoenix, Ariz.
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Radiology
- Medical education
How I fell in love with radiology: I enjoy consulting with other physicians and providing a diagnosis. Dealing with a wide variety of disease ensures I am always learning and never bored.
- M.D., Creighton University Medical Center
- Internal medicine preliminary year, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix
- Residency, diagnostic radiology, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix
- Fellowship, neuroradiology, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
Three things people may not know about me:
- I am a huge fan of science fiction, specifically the Dune series.
- I am a watch enthusiast.
- My hobbies include snowboarding, boxing and fishing.
2020 will be a great year for us Dune fans. :-) Welcome to the UNMC team, Dr. Chesteen!