Eamon Maloney, M.D., is a new faculty member at UNMC.
- Name: Eamon Maloney, M.D.
- Hometown: Omaha
- Title and department at UNMC: Assistant professor, UNMC Department of Internal Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine
I am most interested in rheumatology, hematology, and infectious disease. I also am interested in research involving quality improvement, improving access to care, and medication reconciliation.
How I fell in love with internal medicine/pediatrics:
I first became interested in medicine after having some incredible experiences working at camps for kids with neuromuscular diseases and developmental disabilities. Throughout medical school, I enjoyed learning about pediatric medicine and seeing kids in the clinic. I also was fascinated by the pathophysiology of internal medicine, and the relationships I formed with patients on my rotations. Thus, I decided to have the best of both worlds by training in internal medicine and pediatrics.
- Residency, internal medicine/pediatrics, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City
- M.D., UNMC
- American College of Physicians
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Medical Association
Three things people may not know about me:
- I am a Distinguished Toastmaster.
- History is my main hobby, and I have an encyclopedic knowledge of all 45 presidents.
- I enjoy grilling on a charcoal grill for my family and friends. I have been told I am an expert though I don't have any Yelp reviews yet.
Clinic location: Fontenelle Health Center, 5005 Ames Ave., Omaha, NE 68104
For appointments and referrals: 402-559-0282
Congratulations Dr. Maloney from all of your friend at Camp Munroe!!
Congratulations, Dr. Maloney!
Welcome back to UNMC Dr. Maloney! So glad to have you here!