The UNMC College of Nursing Resource Center is located on each of the College of Nursing's five campuses in order to meet the needs of the students across the state.
The learning resources center (LRC) provides a multimedia learning environment where students acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes that promote safe, patient-centered care. LRC staff partner with faculty to provide learner-centered activities that integrate curricular concepts with psychomotor skills/behaviors, critical reasoning and clinical judgment.
The primary objectives of the Learning Resource Center (LRC) at the University of Nebraska Medical Center are to:
- Provide a supportive environment that promotes learning, teaching, and research
- Facilitate student learning through the use of visual, auditory, kinesthetic, and tactile abilities
- Provide resources that promote the acquisition of psychomotor skills/behaviors
- Promote acquisition of critical reasoning and clinical judgment skills
The core values of the Learning Resource Center follow UNMC's ITEACH values.
In the Learning Resource Center, nursing students will:
- Learn new clinical skills and practice skills in a safe, non-threatening environment
- Apply clinical knowledge to situations that are put into health care context
- Have access to resources and equipment such as computers, blood pressure cuffs, teaching aids, otoscope/ophthalmoscope, and more
To learn more about the Learning Resource Center on each campus:
Learning Resource Center Associate
Health Science Education Complex 200B
Learning Resource Coordinator