Lincoln’s Learning Resource Center
Welcome to the UNMC College of Nursing-Lincoln Learning Resource Center! We are located and 12th and “O” streets in Lincoln, Nebraska, just 2 blocks from the city campus of the University of Nebraska at Lincoln. We are in the downtown area and are surrounded by restaurants, bookstores, and other local businesses which add to the flavor of our college.
In the learning center, we have faculty-led simulations encompassing all types of health care scenarios to help the students get the most out of every experience. In addition to the simulations and skills labs, the LRC labs are open to students for practice and refreshers whenever classes are not scheduled. We use interactive multi-media applications to enhance the students’ learning and retention.
Our resources include:
- Computer lab available to all UNMC nursing students – 35 desktop computers with printers on site, as well as on-campus laptop checkout when demand is high
- Simulation, skills lab, and health assessment lab to help students visualize and practice their new role as nurses, using up-to-date technology and scenarios
- Variety of items to check out to assist with presentation within the community and the University (dental items, hand-washing, nutrition, art supplies, easels, etc.)
- Student lounge next to computer lab with vending machines, microwaves, refrigerator, seating areas for group work or lunch break, and a student copier
- Dedicated LRC staff who can assist with computer applications, technological troubleshooting, and more
These are some of the many ways the LRC equipment and staff help CON-Lincoln students succeed in their programs. Nursing is a dynamic field with high demands and high expectations. The LRC is your first clinical stop on the road to nursing success!
The Lincoln campus has 152 undergraduate students, admitting 8 accelerated students each May and 72 traditional students each August. There are student mailboxes located in the LRC. Both undergraduate and graduate students utilize the LRC space in Lincoln. Only UNMC nursing students are allowed to use LRC.
Details of the Lincoln LRC:
|Number of square feet available for student use:||5600 for clinical skills labs and simulations|
|Number of skills labs:||10-bed health assessment room, sectioned off to emulate a clinical environment
10-bed clinical skills lab which functions as an inpatient hospital unit
|Number of human patient simulators:||1 SimMan high-fidelity simulator
1 Noelle mid-fidelity simulator
11 VitalSim Nursing Kelly midfidelity simulator
1 VitalSim Nursing Anne mid-fidelity simulator
1 VitalSim Nursing Kid and 1 Nursing baby, as well as 1 Blue Baby mid-fidelity simulator
|Number of computers in student lab:||35 stations in the computer lab with additional on-campus resources to check out of LRC|
Lincoln has the following items available to nursing students for check-out:
- Audiovisual library: DVDs, VHS, texts, NCLEX CD-ROM, NCLEX board game
- Nursing equipment: Blood pressure cuffs, otoscopes, ophthalmoscopes, other health assessment equipment
- Presentation equipment: Easels, trifold boards, dental care props, nutrition props, reproductive props, breastfeeding props, puppets, etc.
- Computer equipment: Student computer lab has 35 computers with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 10 software, located in the lower level of the Commerce Court building.
- Much more!
Mailing address and physical location:
UNMC College of Nursing-Lincoln
Learning Resource Center
1230 O Street, Suite 131
Lincoln, NE 68588
LRC Location: Lower level, Commerce Court building
Main LRC Phone Number: (402) 472-7378
General information: (402) 472-3657
LRC Hours of operation: 8:00-5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
Computer lab/student lounge hours: Available 24 hours a day. Outside doors lock at 11 p.m. so to study after that, students must already be in the building.
Learning Resource Center Associate