Earn dual MSN and MBA degrees
Nursing professionals who possess both clinical skills and a clear understanding of business management, leadership, and strategic decision-making are in demand to meet the leadership challenges of today’s healthcare environment.
The University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) and University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO) have collaborated to offer you an exciting dual-degree graduate program that prepares you for healthcare leadership in increasingly complex clinical and business environments. Earn your MSN in Nurse Leadership and an MBA at the same time, while continuing to grow in your career.
Dual Degree Program Features:
- 56 credit hours (+ UNO's BSAD 8110 Accounting and ECON 1200 Economics foudational courses if needed) shared coursework between each program allows you to complete the programs with less credit hours than completing each degree alone
- 500 clinical practicum hours that can be completed at your location
- Flexibility – option to complete in 4-6 years, part-time
- Complete both degrees online with one immersion weekend, or take evening classes on campus
- Competitive tuition rates
- Both programs hold top accreditation and are ranked nationally
Pre-requisites for the dual program
There are no pre-requisites for the MSN program. The MBA program requires students to have the following:
- Principles of Accounting I & II
- Macro Economics & Micro Economics
- College Statistics
- College Algebra
- English Composition I (for international students who are required to take the TOEFL)
The applicant will be granted provisional status in the program until the MBA foundational courses are completed with a ‘B’ or better.
Admission requirements for the UNO MBA program
Unconditional admission may be granted to an applicant with a:
- 2.85 junior/senior GPA
- 500 GMAT or 299 GRE (GMAT/GRE waived for applicants with a BSN and current U.S. RN license)
- TOEFL score of 80 (internet-based) or 6.5 IELTS for international students.
Admission requirements for the UNMC MSN program
Admission requirements to the MSN program include a:
- BSN from an accredited college of nursing
- Current U.S. RN license
- GPA 3.0 for all college coursework
- Personal statement
- Professional references
- An interview
- TOEFL score of 92 (internet-based) or 6.5/7.0 IELTS for international students.